City of St. Augustine Historic Waterworks Building
184 San Marco Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Map and Parking information can be found here.
City of St. Augustine Historic Waterworks Building, following 2021 renovation
City of St. Augustine Historic Waterworks Building, Circa 1898
This event is a hybrid (in-person and virtual) event. The following precautions will be taken for in-person attendees:
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available
- Masks are not required, but encouraged, particularly when you cannot be less than 6-feet apart when indoors and gathered in common space/areas.
- We are capping the in person capacity at 50. Although the building occupancy is 92, this will allow us to spread out the seating to maximize the distances as best as possible.
- We are offering a hybrid virtual/in person option
- For lunch, the food truck will be located outside to order. There is plenty of outdoor seating and space available to eat lunch outside and take breaks outside. We will be setting up a majority of the tables outside, with some limited indoor seating.
Contact Samuel Palermo at 561-351-5278 to sponsor this meeting.
11:45: Registration Opens
12:00: Lunch and Networking (included with registration)
1:00: Welcome and Opening Remarks – Randy Smith, AWRA Florida President, Jessica Beach, P.E., Chief Resilience Officer, City of St. Augustine, Program Chair
1:10: Introduction of Keynote Speaker – Jessica Beach, P.E., Chief Resilience Officer, City of St. Augustine
1:20: Keynote Address – Michael A. Register, P.E., Executive Director, St. Johns River Water Management District
2:00: Resilient Florida Program Overview – Diane Quigley, AICP, Resilient Florida Program Director, Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP)
2:30: The Brave New World of Resilience, Economics and Equity– Valerie Seidel, President, The Balmoral Group
3:15: Minimum Flows and Levels Development in the Suwannee River Basin – Sean King, PhD, P.E., MFL Office Chief, Suwannee River Water Management District
3:45: Retained Waters, Section 404 Permitting – Krista Sabin, Program Manager, Regulatory Division, Jacksonville District, US Army Corps of Engineers
4:15: SB 64 Surface Water Discharge Elimination Panel Discussion – Robert Zammataro, Director Water Planning and Development, JEA, Jeremy Johnston, Clay County Utility Authority (CCUA), and Marc Harris, Program Administrator, Wastewater Management Program (FDEP)
4:55: Closing Remarks, Building Tour– Jessica Beach, City of St. Augustine, Christina Parrish Stone, Executive Director, St. Johns Cultural Council, Venue Host and Jenny Wolfe, Preservation Planning Specialist, Preservation Design Partnership, LLC
5:30: Post Networking Opportunity - Tour of Saint Augustine’s Finest Establishments (Park for free at St. Augustine City Hall, behind Lightner Museum at 75 King Street).
AWRA Florida Board of Directors Meeting
Gypsy Cab Company (828 Anastasia Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080)
Thursday, March 31st, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
All are welcome to attend as the Board of Directors handles the business of the section.